Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vegan Caprese Salad

I made this for breakfast the other day when I was craving something a little more substantial then a smoothie.  It's heirloom tomato season in California and I couldn't be more excited.  I normally leave the market with 5 or more pounds of delicious ripe tomatoes and generally can eat them sliced with just a little salt.  I used the the vegan pesto sauce recipe from the zucchini pasta recipe I posted a couple of days ago.  It's a great thing to have on hand.  


Vegan Caprese Salad
Serves one as main meal, or two for appetizer

1 large heirloom tomato
1/2 avocado
2 Tbsp Vegan Pesto Sauce (recipe Zucchini Pasta)
1 Tbsp almond milk
1 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp truffle oil
1 cup arugula
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Slice tomatoes and arrange on plant. Place sliced avocado on each tomato.  

2.  Mix the pesto sauce, almond milk, and oils into a mixing bowl.  Place a dolup on each tomato slice. 

3. Place arugula into mixing bowl and mix with remaining sauce.  If needed add extra olive oil.  Place mixing arugula onto middle of the plate.  Enjoy.   



No comments:

Post a Comment