Sunday, August 11, 2013

Raw Vegan Sprout Sushi


I love sushi. It is one of my favorite foods.  This time I tried to use my brand new sprouts (How to sprout) on some vegan raw sushi.  You will need a bamboo sushi roller to form the sushi.


Sprout, radish, cucumber, avocado and cashew nut
Mango and Macadamia Nut



Vegan Sprout Sushi

1 white or daikon radish
1/2 cucumber
1 cup sprouts
1 avocado 
1/2 Mango
1/2 cup  raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
Seaweed paper

I used my Benriner mandoline to slice the cucumber and radish.  I really love this mandolin is inexpensive and I always see professional cooks using it on the cooking channel so I know it's good.  you can buy it on Amazon

To make the sushi place the seaweed paper shiny side up on the bamboo sushi roller. Place all the ingredients you want on the wrap and roll.  You can watch videos on you tube on how to do this if you worried.  But honestly it just takes some practice.  Then cut into sushi pieces and dip in dipping sauce. 

Tahini Dipping Sauce

2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp miso paste
2 tsp tamari
2 tsp honey
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup water, more or less depending on desired thickness

Blend all ingredients in blender.  Bam! Yummy dipping sauce. 

*** adapted from http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment